Summer suppers should be fast, easy, and super delicious. This recipe transforms our whole grain pizza crust into a fancy sliced bruschetta that everyone will love. The secret is our OMG Walnut Sauce!
Bruschetta Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 PLANTSTRONG Pizza Crust
- 1 Cup OMG Walnut Sauce (recipe below)
- 3 Sliced tomatoes
- 3 Handfuls of arugula or spinach
- Balsamic glaze
OMG Walnut Sauce:
- 1 Cup walnuts
- 1 Tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup water (or more to think to desired consistency)
- Preheat oven to 425. Bake PLANTSTRONG Pizza Crust for 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Transfer to wooden cutting board.
- Slice the tomatoes and wash your arugula or spinach.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, place all OMG Walnut Sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy - like hummus. Add more water if needed.
- Spread the pizza crust with OMG Walnut Sauce.
- Top with arugula or spinach, sliced tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Slice into pizza wedges.
As an alternative, you can slice pizza crust into 2" squares, place on a baking sheet and toast for 8-10 minutes. Then top each square with the remaining ingredients above. This makes a delightful- and more traditional - summer bruschetta appetizer to share. Enjoy!