On Episode Two of our new PLANTSTRONG Snackables podcast series, a bite-sized podcast, Rip Esselstyn, and co-host, Jess Hegarty, dive deep into some creative ways to pop up the popcorn flavor! Popcorn is a plantstrong treat that can be enjoyed instead of those unhealthy chips.
Jess & Rip lay out five innovative recipes to spice up your PLANTSTRONG Popcorn.
Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
- 1 part vinegar - can be red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or Ume plum vinegar
- 1 part salt - can be soy sauce, tamari, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Mix together in a spray bottle and mist your popcorn to taste
Dill Pickle Popcorn
- With the mixture from above, you can add dill seasoning on top of the “salt and vinegar” flavor.
- 1 part each of garlic salt, onion salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne or more to taste
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- Mix with 8 cups of plain popcorn spritzed with tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
Cheddar and Onion Popcorn
- 2 parts tamari, soy sauce, or Ume plum vinegar and 1 part lemon juice in spray bottle - mist on the popcorn
- sprinkle nutritional yeast for cheese flavor
- Add dashes of onion powder, smoked paprika, and/or garlic powder to taste
Caramel Popcorn - with fiber-filled dates
- Blend 7 dates in a highspeed blender mixed with water and add that mixture to your spray bottle
- Mist over the popcorn
- Add your favorite spice such as cinnamon or cocoa powder to enhance the taste
Click here to check out PLANTSTRONG Popcorn!
These five delicious popcorn recipes are directly from Episode 2 of the Snackables Podcast with Rip Esselstyn and PLANTSTRONG team member Jessica. Jessica leads product innovation for the PlantStrong foodline.
Want to listen to this Episode?