Raw dough, baby! Who isn’t in the mood for it sometimes? Jane served these at a Plant-Strong Women, Power, Sex and Food presentation and everyone loved them, right down to the very last spoonful! You will, too. Like revenge, we find this is a dish best served cold.
½ cup raw almonds (or raw cashews)
½ cup raw walnuts
6 large dates, pitted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water (if needed for texture)
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
3 tablespoons non-dairy dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend the nuts until crumbled uniformly. Transfer the nut mixture to a bowl and set aside.
2. Add the dates, vanilla and water to the food processor or high-speed blender and blend until the ingredients form a paste-like mixture. Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl or blender jar a few times, if needed, and blend again.
3. Add the reserved nut mixture to the date mixture and blend together. Add the chocolate chips and oats, and pulse the mixture until blended to your liking, or mix in the chips and oats by hand, if you prefer.
4. Press balls of the mixture firmly into a teaspoon. Free the dough from the spoon’s shape and place on a serving plate.
5. Serve immediately – if you can’t help yourself – otherwise, chill first.
Servings: Makes 20 teaspoon-size cookies