This recipe was published in “Plant-Strong” (originally, “My Beef with Meat”) and is popular with kids!
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¾ cup natural chunky peanut butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 cups old fashioned oats
½ cup whole wheat flour or oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
½ cup nondairy chocolate chips or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix bananas, vanilla, peanut butter, and maple syrup into a creamy consistency in a large bowl.
4. In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, and salt (if using).
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are well combined–the batter should be slightly sticky.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips or raisins.
7. Place rounded, heaping tablespoon-sized balls of the batter onto a lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes and gobble up while they are still warm!